Wednesday 31 August 2016

Update to my girl crush heroines

Sometimes in life, we have to confront disappointment, in ourselves and in others.   Today is one such day and it is with sadness and regret that I am removing Christine Lagarde and Meryl Streep from my list of female faves!!

I fear we believe and strive for different things, I believe in honesty and democracy, Christine Lagarde obviously doesn't (Project Fear promotion from the IMF during the run up to Brexit).   As for Meryl Streep, well she is a vocal supporter of Hillary Clinton and seems to be able to overlook the egregious catalogue of sins that the latter has been party to; Benghazi, emails on private servers, corrupt dealings at the Clinton Foundation, the list is endless.  Personally, I think the only way the USA is going to halt its rapid decline is to vote in a business man first and a politician second.   All countries should be run like public limited companies, with the citizens as the shareholders and that is what Donald J Trump brings to the table.   A business acumen that may well be the saving of the U S of A!

P.S.  I am sure neither woman is going to loose too much sleep over this fall from my graces, but never let it be said I am incapable of changing my mind!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment