Tuesday 23 July 2013

A new prince!!!!

I am not ashamed to say it.....I'm an ardent Royalist...not a card carrying, teapot collecting Royalist but a Royalist none the less!!

I have been following the coverage of the royal birth and the celebrations that have heralded the news of the arrival of the third in line to the British throne.   It makes me so proud to be British and I have to admit to having tears in my eyes (my boys think I'm nuts!!) when the Prince of Wales turned up at the hospital to meet his new grandson.

Unfortunately for the BBC such is their mandate they have to give unbiased coverage of the birth, which includes allowing the naysayers and republican contingent to spout their rhetoric.   I have only one thing to say to them ....GET A LIFE!!!   Yes, there is a lot of coverage of the birth of the new prince, so what?!!  Hugh Edwards was interviewing some silly cow called the "fleet street fox" (oh purlease!) on the BBC News channel giving her to the opportunity to deliver a diatribe referring to the other 2000 odd babies born yesterday and the trials and tribulations facing them, banging on about the lack of coverage on the war in Syria.   She stated that she was appalled that a specially minted silver penny will be issued to all babies born in the UK on the same day.   Why?  If my child was born on the same day as the prince I would be soooo proud and to have a silver penny to prove it would be the icing on the cake!   This is GOOD NEWS not something we get every day...yet the news has still been interspersed with murders, earthquakes and political machinations, so more than enough bad news to keep the "fox" happy (miserable cow!!)

As for the Republicans don't get me started!   Why do we need a democratically elected head of state?   Our Royal Family are world renowned, they are a draw for tourists and their continued presence in Britain gives us that certain something on a global scale that no other country in the world has.....why would we want to get rid of that?   They have had their ups and downs, as any family does, but theirs have been in the public eye.   It makes me laugh that these jumped up idiots postulate about the unfairness of the monarchy, methinks there is a little of the green eyed monster in them!!!

Me?  I'm proudly flying the Union flag outside my house in my little part of Normandy!!!

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment