Thursday 20 June 2013

Girl Crushes

Great word!!!.......Girl Crush..... feelings of admiration and adoration which a girl has for another girl, without wanting to shag said girl. a nonsexual attraction, usually based on veneration at some level. (Urban Dictionary April 2007)

I wonder whether ones list of "girl crushes" reflects in some way upon the "crusher" (bear with!!!)   My list is soooo eclectic I think a psychologist would have a field day!!   Who are your girl crushes?  Mine are;




Christine Lagarde - Head of the IMF- multi-lingual, beautiful and elegant.




Karen Brady - a business woman in every sense of the word, gutsy, clever and chic in an understated "take me seriously because it's me not the clothes" kind of way.   In every episode of The Apprentice she outshines the female contestants, why they don't use her as a role model (both fashion and behaviour wise) I'll never know!



Nancy Meyers - writer and director and all round fabulous woman.



Miranda Hart -sooo funny and intelligent and happy in her own skin, and she loves Strictly!!! enough said! - I want to be her!!!



Meryl Streep - beautiful, intelligent, talented and a sense of humour.



Sandra Bullock - she has achieved so much, she is a powerful, proud, tenacious and funny lady.



Amanda de Cadenet - what can I say?   I wanted to scratch her eyes out in the late 80's/early 90's -John Taylor was mine goddamit (in my head anyway!!) then to add insult to injury she started dating Keanu Reeves!! (my venom knew no bounds when I heard this!!)   Now, with maturity and reduced personal expectations, I can look at what she has done for herself and the journey she has made and can only marvel at what a strong women she is.   Her women-only chat show, The Conversation, is inspirational and a must see for any woman trying to gain control of her life.

http://www.theconversation.tv/

So there is my list, any Psychoanalysts out there make of it what you will!!!

xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment